The Urban Electric Mobility Initiative (UEMI) and the urban mobility SOLUTIONS network have selected cities and individuals from Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America to become active Urban Change Maker!
The SOLUTIONS network and the UEMI have selected cities and individuals to work together on the implementation of sustainable urban mobility measures. This is part of a new partnership with the European Road Transport Research Advisory Council (ERTRAC) and the European Green Vehicles Initiative (EGVI) as part of the EU-funded project FUTURE-RADAR.
The mission of the SOLUTIONS and UEMI partnerships is to support the take-up of sustainable urban mobility solutions in cities across the world and foster the integration of urban electric mobility solutions into sustainable transport strategies.
First Urban Change Maker Training in BerlinA training on urban mobility solutions, governance, finance and implementation was organised in cooperation between the FUTURE RADAR project, the Urban Electric Mobility Initiative (UEMI) and the Urban Pathways project.
The Urban Change Maker programme is regularly organising trainings:
- University cooperations - Urban Change Maker trainings with students from the Technical University Berlin, CEPT university Ahmedabad, University of Rotterdam and other partner institutions. Young professionals are trained on developing low-carbon urban development projects.
- Training sessions with city officials and stakeholders in India, Vietnam, Kenya and Brazil focusing on implementation action in contributing to the international exchange on transport innovation of the FUTURE RADAR project. Practical steps to conceptualise, finance and implement low-carbon urban mobility solutions in the partner cities were discussed to deliver on the New Urban Agenda and improve the quality of life in the cites.
- UEMI_SOLUTIONS together with UN-Habitat und the International Climate Initiative discussed concrete examples of sustainable urban mobility to support low carbon plans in Brazil, Nepal and India.
- WUF, COP, ITF and other international fora
The team actively engages with partners and organises trainings and networking sessions at key international fora.
CAIF works with a number of thematic and regional experts, including:
- Lewis Fulton (Thematic expert, decarbonisation pathways)
- Magdala Arioli (Regional expert, Brazil)
- Alvin Mejia (Regional expert, Southeast Asia)
- Barbara Lah (Thematic expert, outreach and knowledge management)
- Edmund Teko (Regional expert, Africa)
- Nikhil Chaudhary (Regional expert, India)
- Oliver Lah (Thematic expert, governance and urban mobility)
- Nguyen Thi Tho (Regional expert, Vietnam)